Study Abroad in AUSTRALIA with IFSA
University of Sydney
About the Program
Australia's first university is located in one of the most exciting areas of Sydney, with the quirky, offbeat suburbs of Newtown and Glebe stretched around it. An enormous, urban campus, University of Sydney is modeled after Oxford and Cambridge in England, and it is perfect for students that love coffee, live music and the arts, bookshops, and libraries. The business school is the only one in Australia to have AACSB accreditation for both Accounting and Finance. With more than 100 teaching departments organized into 16 faculties you are sure to find the courses you need!
Sydney is known as the "Worlds Friendliest City", Renowned for its multicultural flavor. At the heart of Sydney is a spectacular harbor, home to the famous sails of the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbor Bridge. Distinct neighborhoods offer a huge range of lifestyles and cultures, linked by excellent public transportation.
- Attend one of Australia's most prestigious universities, modeled after Oxford, and ranked among the top 100 universities worldwide
- Live in the heart of one of Sydney's trendiest neighborhoods (Newtown) with easy access to the Sydney transportation system, which makes the program a great fit for student who want to explore their host city
- Gain valuable experience as part of the state-of-the-art internship program designed specifically for study abroad students, with many different opportunities, including sports management, marketing, nonprofit management and medical research
- Study subjects from a wide range of disciplines and plan out your courses early thanks to Sydney's quick approval process
- The business school is the only one in Australia to have AACSB accreditation for both Accounting and Finance
- The campus includes the magnificent 1857 quadrangle, regarded as a national treasure
- More than 200 student societies and clubs gives you a rich and diverse experience
- Great sports facilities, including indoor pool, rock climbing, tennis pavilion, gymnasium and recreation center
- Live among locals, just a short bus ride from the central business district, Darling Harbour and Circular Quay, and about 30 minutes from the closest beach
- The University of Sydney includes the United States Study Centre, the only center of its kind in Australia
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.