CIEE Language and Culture Program in Lisbon, Portugal
Without a doubt, Lisbon is a happening place to study abroad. Each year, the beautiful capital city hosts numerous international events, including the world's biggest music festival, Rock in Rio-Lisboa. There's always something to do while exploring and enhancing your understanding of Portuguese society and culture. You'll enroll in a variety of courses in both English and Portuguese, stay with a local family, volunteer, and go on exciting excursions in and around multicultural Lisbon – all with CIEE.
Study abroad in Lisbon and you'll:
- Take courses in English at a Portuguese university with the opportunity to choose from a wide range of direct enrollment courses if your Portuguese language skills are up to it
- Become familiar with Portuguese history, culture, and current affairs through cultural and social activities and weekend excursions
- Live in a city with a rich multi-cultural history that is also a privileged gateway to other European and North African countries
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.