CIEE Summer Contemporary Netherlands Studies in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Come spend the summer in the Netherlands, the perfect site to examine social and public health challenges with a critical lens.
Using the dynamic city of Amsterdam as your laboratory, you'll explore the Dutch public health system as well as their policies surrounding prostitution, drugs, housing, abortion, euthanasia, and migration and business practices. Guided site visits to places like a public health center, a drug safe house, the prostitution information center and a multicultural neighborhood provide you with a behind the scenes look at Dutch policies in practice.
Study abroad in Amsterdam with CIEE and you will:
- Study Contemporary Dutch Social Policy in the capital of the Netherlands (Amsterdam) during Session I or II and learn more about Dutch policies concerning subjects like prostitution, drugs, and abortion
- Study Public Health in the Netherlands in Session II or III and gain a greater understanding of the innovative ways in which the Dutch approach this area
- Live in an accessible, environmentally-conscious and multicultural European capital city, explore the region through program excursions, and cruise around the city on your bike
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.