CIEE Summer Ghanaian Studies Program in Legon, Ghana
Spend a summer exploring one of the most vibrant countries in West Africa. Through the Summer Ghanaian Studies program, you’ll gain an appreciation of Ghana’s rich culture and tradition. Learn how slavery, colonization, independence, and Pan-Africanism have influenced the country’s present-day society; and develop a better understanding of Ghanaian people through the academic courses, co-curricular activities, and volunteer projects.
Study abroad in Ghana and you will:
- Take innovative courses in Ghanaian history, politics, music, and dance taught by faculty from the premier institute of higher learning in Ghana
- Learn firsthand about Ghanaian society through volunteer opportunities at local orphanages NGOs, schools, and other service organizations
- Explore Ghana’s rich history and culture through a series of CIEE excursions to sites including Aburi, Cape Coast, Elmina, and Kumasi
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.