CIEE Summer Language and Culture in Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Spend the summer developing advanced language skills and immersing yourself in Spanish culture in the vibrant, beautiful city of Alcalá de Henares.
Through a wide range of Spanish-taught courses, homestays, and various cultural activities and excursions, studying abroad in Spain offers you a unique and exciting intercultural experience.
Study abroad in Spain and you will:
Find out more.
- Improve your Spanish language skills while living in a provincial city near the metropolis of Madrid
- Participate in frequent excursions that take advantage of the rich cultural happenings in Alcalá and Madrid during the summer, as well as in short excursions to nearby sites of historical interest such as Toledo, Segovia, and Cuenca
- Enjoy one longer excursion to Asturias-Cantabria (Session I) and Valencia (Session II)
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.