CIEE China in a Global Context Program in Shanghai, China
You can get a lot done in 5,000 years, just ask the Chinese! They invented tofu, toilet paper, movable type, and more – changing the world in the process. In Shanghai, you’ll learn about China’s dramatic emergence on the world stage, study Chinese language at your level, and live with a Chinese family or students. Whether you’re into the humanities or social sciences, you’ll get to know this vibrant country, and continue your growth into a global citizen.
Study abroad in Shanghai you will:
- Choose from a wide range of courses in international affairs, Chinese politics, economics, history, and society taught in English
- Study Mandarin Chinese at all levels with support from peer language tutors and language clinic instructors, or choose not to study a language and focus entirely on area studies coursework
- Learn outside the classroom through a weeklong excursion to Taiwan and learn new perspectives about cross-strait relations, or choose from other program field trips
- Live with a Chinese host family or on-campus with a Chinese or program roommate
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.