IFSA - UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE, PEMBROKE COLLEGE PARTNERSHIP
WHY STUDY IN CAMBRIDGE?
Founded as lively market town with wide stretches of green along the River Cam, Cambridge is now a quintessential university town with history and charm. The city skyline is dotted with college spires, medieval buildings, and traditional English architecture. The university’s 31 colleges provide a steady stream of entertainment and social events seven days a week, with central London just an hour away by train.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Study at one of Cambridge’s oldest colleges, in the nexus of historic methods and cutting-edge research. You will have unparalleled access to experts in your discipline in the halls of Pembroke College.
There are no traditional classes at the University of Cambridge. Rather, Cambridge has the supervision system, which is a weekly one-on-one, or in a small group, with your supervisor, in which you discuss your work and the topics that you are studying, ask questions, and receive feedback. Students typically take two courses, called ‘papers’ at Cambridge per semester. Each paper typically consists of eight hour-long supervisions. A course of lectures also supplements your supervisions for each paper, and your supervisor will advise you about which lectures you should attend.
You may study in one of the following departments:
CULTURAL ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
- Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic Studies
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- History of Art
- Modern and Medieval Languages
- Human, Social, and Political Science (Political Science, International Affairs, Anthropology)
- Theology, Religion, and Philosophy of Religion
Program activities are designed to enhance your intercultural competence by developing your understanding of the local culture and people. Activities are optional, but they are included in your total program fee. Besides regular check-ins and Roadmap meetings, IFSA staff will coordinate group visits to Cambridge-area sites of cultural and historic significance. You may also participate London-based activities, either virtually or in-person if you’d like to travel to London. Activities vary each term based on availability, but activities may include:
- London Pandemics - Past and Present
- Doctors Without Borders and Doctors Without Countries
- Community Environment Initiatives & Urban Farming in London
- Homelessness in London - A Dialogue
IFSA excursions are included in your total program fee and though these are optional, most students choose to participate. They vary each term based on availability, but excursions may include:
- City of Bath Tour
- Dover Castle Tour
- Seaside Brighton Trip
- Harry Potter Studio Tour
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN MY IFSA PROGRAM?
||BEGIN YOUR STUDY ABROAD JOURNEY
Choose your ideal program by customizing and personalizing your search filters. Using IFSA’s Global Wayfinder tool, you can find programs by searching beyond location and area of study. Consider aspects such as your day-to-day living experience or your interests to find your ideal program.
Using CHART, you’ll be able to see which classes abroad fit easily into your academic plan. You can also see which classes your home institution has already approved to guarantee that your credits will align.
Apply Online Today.
Our easy online application process is here for you! Simply log in to the IFSA Student Portal and answer questions about yourself to get started. If you get stuck or have questions, reach out to our IFSA team. We’re here to help.
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
- Academic Support
- Administrative Fees and Applications Fees
- Airport Pickup
- Activities and Excursions (including transportation and meals)
- Guaranteed Housing
- International Medical Insurance
- Internet Access in Housing
- Internship, Directed Research, and Volunteer Opportunities (on many programs)
- Meals (on some programs)
- Official Transcript with U.S. Credit Translation
- On-site Orientation
- On-site Staff Support (including in-person meetings and emergencies)
- Pre-arrival Advising
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.