CIEE Summer Language and Culture Program in Barcelona, Spain
Whether you're looking to begin studying Spanish, or if you're an intermediate student ready to take your Spanish proficiency to the next level, or you want to study an aspect of Spanish culture in English or in Spanish, come spend your summer in vibrant Barcelona.
Summer study abroad in Barcelona offers you three sessions from late May to mid-August. The four-week program is designed for students looking to improve their language skills and take content courses in Spanish or English. A selection of challenging courses, homestays, and a variety of cultural activities and excursions provide you with a unique academic and intercultural experience abroad.
Study abroad in Barcelona and you'll:
- Improve your Spanish language skills through courses at all levels
- Live with a Spanish family, in a student residencia or in a shared apartment
- Visit sites of natural and cultural importance in and around Barcelona and Catalonia including museums, monuments, and cathedrals
- Enjoy a local overnight trip per session to areas of significant historic and cultural importance.
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.