CIEE Summer Tropical Ecology and Conservation in Monteverde, Costa Rica
Spend the summer exploring Costa Rica’s diverse and imitable ecosystems and gain comprehensive insight into their conservation through theory, hands-on exposure, and direct experimentation.
Through rigorous coursework, Spanish language instruction, extensive travel throughout Costa Rica, and an independent research project, study abroad in Monteverde, acquaints you with practical biological problems associated with agricultural development, eco-tourism, and grassroots conservation efforts in developing countries.
Study abroad in Costa Rica and you will:
- Camp and hike in some of Costa Rica’s most amazing protected areas, including rain forest, dry forest, mangroves, beaches, and more
- Live in Monteverde, an internationally recognized area of research and natural beauty, and home to a world famous Cloud Forest
- Gain research experience conducting your own independent project
- Experience rural Costa Rica through a homestay with a local family
- Enjoy cultural activities in the town of Monteverde
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.