CASA Remote Internships in Chile and Argentina
The Remote Summer Program enables students from CASA-member institutions the opportunity to engage in semi-structured summer internships with companies and organizations in Chile and Argentina. Through the Summer Program, students will be engaged in an international, professional enrichment experience, while learning about Latin American culture, and work toward advancing their Spanish language skills.
Students will be expected to maintain flexible, proactive, and positive attitudes towards engaging with Latin America from a distance, through their connections with their internship supervisor and mentorship matching, and student community building activities, administered by the CASA Resident Directors.
Students should be prepared to work mainly in Spanish, in a remote, office-like atmosphere across 8-weeks, Monday-Thursday, approximately 30 hrs./week.
A flexible schedule may be allowed to accommodate time zones, once approved by both CASA and the host organization.
An agenda with CASA-led cultural activities and final presentation schedules will be provided to all admitted participants.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2021
Internship Dates: June 07 – July 30, 2021
- The program is open to CASA undergraduate and graduate students with at least 5 semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent.
- Curiosity, a positive attitude, and an open mind are necessary for the participant to not only succeed, but also to foster a welcoming environment for others as well.
- The remote nature of this program requires that participants are proactive, responsible, and independent.
- Participants are not permitted to enroll in any other summer or experiences during this program.
REMOTE SUMMER INTERNSHIP FIELDS
- Selected applicants will be invited to sign-up for a remote interview by April 5, 2021 (required).
- Interviews will take place via Zoom, in Spanish, April 12-15, 2021,
- Final notice of program acceptance will be sent by the end of April 2021.
- Students are required to confirm/decline participation by May 07, 2021.