IFSA - UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND PARTNERSHIP
WHY STUDY IN BRISBANE?
The state capital of Queensland, Brisbane is a charming, multicultural city with a laid-back outdoor lifestyle suited for the tropics. It’s also Australia’s greenest city, and the region’s unique plants and animals are an attraction for many. Brisbane’s selection of restaurants, cafés, and nightlife won’t disappoint the student interested in a truly urban experience.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The University of Queensland program offers you access to over 120 of the university’s student clubs and societies and amazing athletic facilities, all less than three miles from the center of dynamic Brisbane, Australia’s third largest city. UQ is a comprehensive research institution with over 40 specialist teaching and research centers, including Australia’s largest university marine research station on the Great Barrier Reef.
- Offers a great variety of subjects to study to meet your needs with more than 4,000 classes in 400 programs of study.
- A member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight leading research universities.
- Amazing athletic facilities at UQ Sport venues, including a 50-meter pool, an Olympic-standard track, tennis and squash courts, cardio and weights gyms, playing fields and sports medicine center; plus great rowing, biking, and running along riverside paths.
View the University of Queensland online course catalog
to explore the available class offerings.
CULTURAL ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
Program activities are designed to enhance your intercultural competence by developing your understanding of the local culture and people. They are optional, but they are included in your total program fee. Activities vary each term based on availability, but activities may include cultural or sporting events such as a National Rugby or Australian Football League game, or a theatre or music performance.
IFSA Excursions are included in your total program fee and though these are optional, most students choose to participate. Excursions vary each term based on availability. Typically, students participate in a long weekend excursion to explore the Australian country lifestyle with a farm tour, bushwalking and stargazing, and a BBQ. Several day trips around the region have included visits to local wineries, city food tours, river kayaking, surfing lessons, snorkeling, hiking, and more.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN MY IFSA PROGRAM?
||BEGIN YOUR STUDY ABROAD JOURNEY
Choose your ideal program by customizing and personalizing your search filters. Using IFSA’s Global Wayfinder tool, you can find programs by searching beyond location and area of study. Consider aspects such as your day-to-day living experience or your interests to find your ideal program.
Using CHART, you’ll be able to see which classes abroad fit easily into your academic plan. You can also see which classes your home institution has already approved to guarantee that your credits will align.
Apply Online Today.
Our easy online application process is here for you! Simply log in to the IFSA Student Portal and answer questions about yourself to get started. If you get stuck or have questions, reach out to our IFSA team. We’re here to help.
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
- Academic Support
- Administrative Fees and Applications Fees
- Airport Pickup
- Activities and Excursions (including transportation and meals)
- Guaranteed Housing
- International Medical Insurance
- Internet Access in Housing
- Internship, Directed Research, and Volunteer Opportunities (on many programs)
- Meals (on some programs)
- Official Transcript with U.S. Credit Translation
- On-site Orientation
- On-site Staff Support (including in-person meetings and emergencies)
- Pre-arrival Advising
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.