IFSA - UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND PARTNERSHIP
WHY STUDY IN BRISBANE?
Brisbane is a charming, multicultural city with a laid-back outdoor lifestyle suited for the tropics. It’s also Australia’s greenest city, and the region’s unique plants and animals are an attraction for many.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This program offers you access to over 120 of UQ’s student clubs and societies and amazing athletic facilities, all less than three miles from the center of dynamic Brisbane, Australia’s third largest city. UQ is a comprehensive research institution with over 40 specialist teaching and research centers, including Australia’s largest university marine research station on the Great Barrier Reef.
ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
- Offers a great variety of subjects to study to meet your needs with more than 4,000 courses in 400 programs of study
- Near the city center of Brisbane with excellent transportation and access to attractions like botanical gardens, museums and more.
- A member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight leading research universities
- More than 100 student clubs and societies provide you with numerous ways to engage with local students
- Amazing athletic facilities at UQ Sport venues, including a 50-meter pool, an Olympic-standard track, tennis and squash courts, cardio and weights gyms, playing fields and sports medicine center; plus great rowing, biking and running along riverside paths
- Nine globally-recognized research institutes and more than 100 specialist research centers, including Australia’s largest marine research station on the Great Barrier Reef
Multi-day orientation in Sydney with excursions to the Blue Mountains, Featherdale Wildlife Park, and a cruise on the Sydney Harbour; Moreton Island Adventure Weekend; Barefoot Bowls
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN MY IFSA PROGRAM?
||BEGIN YOUR STUDY ABROAD JOURNEY
Choose your ideal program by customizing and personalizing your search filters. Using IFSA’s Global Wayfinder tool, you can find programs by searching beyond location and area of study. Consider aspects such as your day-to-day living experience or your interests to find your ideal program.
Using CHART, you’ll be able to see which classes abroad fit easily into your academic plan. You can also see which classes your home institution has already approved to guarantee that your credits will align.
Apply Online Today.
Our easy online application process is here for you! Simply log in to the IFSA Student Portal and answer questions about yourself to get started. If you get stuck or have questions, reach out to our IFSA team. We’re here to help.
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
- Administrative Fees and Applications Fees
- Airport Pickup
- Excursions, Excursion Transportation, and Excursion Meals
- Guaranteed Housing
- International Medical Insurance
- Internet Access in Housing
- Internship, Directed Research, and Volunteer Opportunities (on many programs)
- Language Instruction (on some programs)
- Meals (on some programs)
- Official Transcripts with U.S. Credit Translation
- On-site Orientation
- On-site Staff Support (including in-person meetings and emergencies)
- Pre-arrival Advising
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.