CIEE Summer Language and Culture Program in Lisbon, Portugal
Take the plunge and spend your summer immersing yourself in Portugal.
Through rigorous courses on Portuguese culture, homestays, and various field trips and excursions, you'll develop an appreciation of the country and its people while enjoying an intensive, exciting, and unique intercultural experience.
Study abroad in Portugal and you will:
- Live in Lisbon, the cultural and economic center of the Iberian Peninsula
- Take courses on Portuguese history and culture offered in English
- Participate in cultural activities and excursions, including visits to museums and festivals; become familiar with Portuguese history, culture, and current affairs
- Explore Sintra, Mafra, or Óbidos on a day-long trip; and spend a weekend in Évora, Porto, or Coimbra
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.