CIEE Liberal Arts Program in Rennes, France
Join 60,000 students in one of France's most beautiful cities, just two hours west of Paris by train, where you'll learn the distinct Celtic traditions particular to this beautiful, unspoiled region from the inside, and further your academic requirements. Intensive courses, a homestay, and explorations of the city – from the ancient settlement of Condate to the architecturally fascinating details of "the stone city" – ensure you improve your French language skills and gain an understanding of Francophone culture.
Study abroad in Rennes and you'll:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the French people and fluency in the French language
- Enjoy for-credit teaching internships in a local primary, middle, or high school
- Enroll in a French university
- Explore Paris during a three-day orientation prior to arrival in Rennes
- Live with a French family, and immerse yourself in the culture
- Visit museums and theaters, and take excursions to sites such as the southwestern coast of Brittany, beaches of Normandy, Mont Saint-Michel, and castles of the Loire Valley
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.