CIEE Language + Culture Program in Toulouse, France
The new Language and Culture Program in Toulouse offers you the opportunity to take French language courses, as well as courses in art, history, culture, communication, and political science in a student-friendly city that has recently been voted as the best city to study abroad in France, according to an annual ranking published in September 2015. The program also offers direct enrollment course electives at two local host institutions and special CIEE courses taught in English and French, as well as French language courses designed to help you integrate into local communities and communicate effectively with professors, peer students, and homestay families. In addition, you have the choice to do a CIEE academic internship. A robust co-curricular program includes an overnight excursion, field trips, and various cultural activities. Through these experiences, you will become members of the vibrant Toulouse community and will learn firsthand about French culture, art, and history.
Study abroad in Toulouse and you'll:
Find out more Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
- Recognize diversity within the French cultural context and be able to compare and contrast this with the diversity that exists in other contexts
- Be able to describe, interpret, and analyze works of literature, philosophy, psychology, and other areas using appropriate terms and formulate thoughtful comparisons between different texts analyzed
- Read, write, and present information in French with more fluency and confidence
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.