CIEE Summer Language and Culture Program in Alicante, Spain
Spend your summer improving your language skills and immersing yourself in Spanish culture in a city on the beautiful Mediterranean coast.
Summer study abroad in Alicante offers you two tracks of study. The seven week program is designed for students looking to improve their language skills and take content courses in Spanish or English. Students interested in beginning their study of Spanish, or studying about an aspect of Spanish culture in English, can take one or two three and a half week sessions. In both cases, a wide selection of challenging courses, homestays, and a variety of cultural activities and excursions provide you with a unique academic and intercultural experience abroad.
Study abroad in Spain and you will:
- Take content courses in Spanish art, literature, film, and culture in English and/or Spanish; enjoy the support of the experienced resident staff
- Live with a Spanish family and immerse yourself in Alicantino daily life
- Enjoy an overnight trip to a different city of Spain; participate in several day excursions, and visit museums, galleries, etc. as well as other places of interest in Alicante province
- Choose between "full" and "modular" programs
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.