CIEE French + Critical Studies Program in Paris, France
Ready to be challenged, enlightened, and inspired? Study in the City of Lights: Paris! There's no better way to study French art, society, and culture than in the city where so many of the world's thinkers and artists have changed the world. Through courses in French at renowned Parisian institutions, exclusive excursions, and engaging fieldwork French's past, present, and future is brought to life.
Study abroad in Paris and you'll:
- Study entirely in French, with a strong emphasis on French society and culture, the French intellectual tradition, and emergent global thought.
- Take courses in critical studies focusing on French theory in cinema, the arts, writing, and critical thought
- Enroll in the Université de Paris 3-Sorbonne Nouvelle or the Université Paris Diderot (Paris 7), allowing direct engagement in Parisian university life
- Visit exhibits, attend film festivals, and listen to lectures
- Take day excursions to places in and around Paris and weekend excursions to other important French cities
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL JHU APPLICANTS
There is a dual application process for this program:
(1) Students must complete the Hopkins application by clicking on the green "Apply Now" button
(2) Students must complete the program application, which you can access on the program website.
Please make sure to abide by both the Hopkins and the program deadlines as they may be different.